Thursday, September 27, 2007

One month down!

I got my first three letters from Michael today, one month into the deployment. Only six months or so to go. . . we're one seventh of the way there. Things don't seem so bad when we hit a month mark!

Two of my friends just got their husbands back. I'm mostly very happy for them. There's just that little hint of jealousy.

One of the husbands is only home on R&R. So really I'm not jealous of them at all. He has to go back and his deployment is much longer. Not to mention he missed the birth of their son a few months back. She didn't know he was coming to visit! She was sitting on the porch and he walked right up and surprised her. I think I would literally faint if Michael pulled off something like that.

One day at a time, and he'll be back before we know it.

No comments: